Please read carefully and follow the general and specific guidelines to ensure a smooth submission process.
- Please download and follow the abstract design in the template that can be found here ABSTRACT.
- File formats for abstract submission must be .doc or .docx. Different file formats will not be accepted.
- The title of your abstract should be short, concise and adequately be describing the content of the submission.
- Affiliations and addresses should be given to each author. The primary address should be of the institution where the author was working at the time of research. If an author has moved to another institution since the research was completed, the new institute should be shown as “present address”.
- Please identify the author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
- The abstract text (not including title, authors and addresses) must not contain more than 300 words.
- Please, clearly describe in your abstract the aim of the research, methods used, and important results and conclusions.
- Please avoid the use of non-standard abbreviations or references in the abstract text. It should also not contain references like “(Smith et al. 2017)”.
Poster Format Guidelines
- Poster dimensions should correspond to portrait DIN A0 format which dimensions are 1189 x 841 mm or 46.8 x 33.1 in.
- The poster should be clear and concise and should be legible from a distance of at least one meter. Use large print and block letters when possible. For legibility, a minimum font size of 28 points and a maximum of 600 words are recommended. For the title, a font size of at least 60 points is advisable.
- We advise organising the content in clear sections such as Purpose, Methods, Results, and Conclusion.
- The poster must include the same title and author information as submitted in the abstract.
- It is advisable to include an e-mail address on the poster to assist viewers to contact the authors later.
Oral presentation guidelines
- Every oral presentation will last 8 minutes plus 2 minutes for questions. The moderator will let you know the time at the minute 8 and 10. If you do not stop at the minute 8 you will spend your time for questions and additional time will not be added.
- We strongly recommend structure your presentation into Background/Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, and Discussion/Conclusion.
- Please, make sure using colours for colour-blind people and font sizes that will be legible when presented in a large room. We recommend using fonts Arial and Helvetica for clarity and compatibility. Also, we suggest font size of AT LEAST 24 points for body text and 36 to 40 points for headings. Light coloured text on a dark background is also advised. The maximum number of lines in text slides should not be more than six or seven.
- Make sure that legends and labels are given for all graphs, figures and tables, and they are simple and legible.
Poster lighting lectures guidelines
- lighting lectures it is a formal and general presentation of the poster and the work team.
- Every oral presentation will last 2 minutes.
- No more than 2 slides will be accepted and it is highly recommended that the presentations contain no more than 150 words between them.